Rebirth- A Poem




Of all the hurts I inflicted
the worst was my permission
to take myself places
where my soul screamed
I went willingly, mutely
stomach crawling, trembling
remembered shame and rage
now seen as the truth
mistaken for thrill
young and yearning
I gave parts of me away
more and more were taken
till all that was showing
was the spark of my heart
winking feebly
dimly glowing, almost ashes
Your breath softly fanned it
cupped it gently
coaxed it to life
sheltered from the storms
first a tiny flame
a small fire
grew
sputtering, strengthening
now crackling forth to sustain me
and warm the one
who rebirthed the fire in me

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm really impressed with your writing abilities and also
with the layout in your weblog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself?
Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's
uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one today..
SK said…
Thank you, Anonymous. I am not paid for this content in any way. It is a layout I chose from the Blogger website builder. I wrote the poem some years ago, and just added it to the blog recently. Again, so glad you enjoyed it!

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks

Piano lessons

One Year Later