Daybook today...

Outside my window – a cool winter morning with plenty of sunshine through  the trees
I am thinking - about Christmas yesterday, the joy and the sadness that come every year at this time
I am thankful - for so many things, especially the steady love of my dear husband, my friend and my love for all time
I am wearing – yoga pants and a tunic, warm slippers!
I am remembering – the ups and downs of my life, an adventure to be sure
I am creating -beginning sewing work on a capote in dark green wool, made for a friend
I am going – to hang laundry and then start sewing
I am reading - The Sign of Jonas by Thomas Merton
I am hoping – for a peaceful day
On my mind - family and friends, 
Pondering these words – "If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart"
From the kitchen – coffee, of course and an amazing egg scramble with potatoes, sausage, cheese, mushrooms, onions and green pepper, cooked with love by David
Around the house – reorganizing and nesting still in our "tiny house" always improving our storage and access to "stuff"
Some of my favorite things – my cat, Fester, who snuggles on me and would hug me if he could figure out how

A few plans for the rest of the week – work on this sewing project, food shopping, laundry, watching the chickens peck and scratch in the yard, keeping in touch with far-flung family and friends, and praying for those who have asked for prayer, those who are suffering and those I love.

Comments

David said…
Living a life of profound simplicity. Beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Piano lessons

Cracks

One Year Later