Daybook today...

Daybook today...

Outside my window – the dusk arrives gently through clouds 
I am thinking - about the year we have almost completed, the changes in my life and my heart
I am thankful - for friends who are family, my husband (my rock) my God and my faith
I am wearing – a warm robe and slippers as the cold air starts to creep in with the darkness
I am remembering – my sister Nancy, whose birthday was yesterday, and who died too soon in 2009
I am creating -a practice coat for my husband, of heavy gray wool, no pattern used, just measured and fitted and cut and sewn
I am going – to enjoy a supper of beef stew and homemade wheat bread
I am reading - The Sign of Jonas by Thomas Merton
I am hoping – for peace in my heart
On my mind - a  million things, but mostly an interior smile and lots of joy lately
Pondering these words – "Listen with the ear of your heart"
From the kitchen – oh, that beef stew and fresh baked bread smell wonderful
Around the house – reorganizing and nesting still in our "tiny house" always improving our storage and access to "stuff"
Some of my favorite things – still my cat, Fester, who snuggles on me and would hug me if he could figure out how

A few plans for the rest of the week – going to mass tomorrow, looking forward to the new year and renewal, planning a small garden, sewing projects, lunch guests in a week or so,
keeping in touch with far-flung family and friends, and praying for those who have asked for prayer, those who are suffering and those I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracks

Piano lessons

One Year Later